Saturday, January 9, 2016

A New First! My first week of Student Teaching



It's the end of the week! As promised I'm sharing my first week of my student teaching experience!

I want to start off my by saying thank you to everyone who wished my a good first week at school, prayers and sweet words of encouragement! Wow! What an amazing week it has been of learning and getting to know the education ropes. This semester I won't have any education classes but will have assignments due every 6 weeks along with weekly reports. From now on, I will be in the classroom 5 days a week all day long. I am student teaching in a second grade classroom and have already gotten to know all of the students in the class. I student taught in this class one day a week last semester. The students come from all different backgrounds and cultures and this is what makes them so unique and special. They are some of the sweetest human beings I have ever met. Of course, like every child there are behavior issues here and there but overall this class is so lovable and fun to work with! I'm still getting used to teaching and learning things that I need to improve on like time management and  consistency, so I'm eager receive feedback from my teacher! One of my favorite parts of student teaching has been helping students who are struggling to grasp concepts. This is where my passion of teaching stems from because I struggled in school in my early years of education. I love helping students learn and feel successful! Overall this week was very successful and I cannot wait to get back to school on Monday! Follow my posts for updates of my student teaching experiences!

XOXO
-btbeaute

3 comments:

  1. I wish you best of luck ... I will start my student teaching hopefully next week. I'm so excited and nervous. Angey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you best of luck ... I will start my student teaching hopefully next week. I'm so excited and nervous. Angey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Angey! I hope that you have a wonderful experience with student teaching!💗 If there's anything I can do to help you let me know! -btbeaute

    ReplyDelete